At Buckley Loft Conversions we will project manage your loft conversion or garage conversion on your behalf from design to completion with our project managed service.
If you just wish to take advantage of our design and plans service, you can be expertly guided through the design process, you will get the benefit of our extensive experience and the best possible designs suitable for your property – maximising space and cost effective build costs. Please call for additional information and price guide or just some friendly advice, we are happy to help – Call freephone 0800 136 152.
Free Initial Survey
We will provide a free of charge initial survey of your garage or loft and necessary requirements. Following, your surveyor will consider the best solution to suit your individual needs and budget.
Planning and Building Control Regulations
U.K. Planning laws were relaxed in October 2008, so most loft conversions will be considered part of your property’s ‘Permitted Development Rights‘ therefore, most loft conversions or garage conversions will only need Building Regulations Approval.
For more information regarding your ‘Permitted Development Rights’ visit the interactive house Planning Portal for loft conversions. If Planning Permission is required it takes up to 6-8 weeks to gain approvals. If you are unsure whether your property has its ‘Permitted Development Rights’ intact check with you local Council, they can advise you accordingly. If your property is located in a Trust Area it is also required to obtain Trustee consent which can take up to 6-8 weeks.
Building Regulations are concerned with the structural safety of the build. They are responsible for the checking and approval of plans prior to construction. Building Inspectors will visit during construction at various stages to check that the build is completed to the correct specification -these take approximately 6 weeks to obtain.
What is not considered to be in the ‘Permitted Development Rights’ criteria?
- If your property is lucky enough to be in a Conservation Area or is a Listed Building unfortunately you will need Planning Permission as these do not come under the ‘Permitted Development Rights’ criteria.
- If your property’s ‘Permitted Development Rights’ have been removed as part of a previous planning application that your property has had.
- Verandas, balconies, raised platforms are not classed as ‘Permitted Development’
- If your loft conversion extension is over 50 cubic metres for a detached and semi-detached property or 40 cubic metres for a terraced house.
- Some new housing developments have had their ‘Permitted Development Rights’ removed by their Local Authority when the initial Planning Permission was granted for the development.
- If your proposal requires any extensions beyond the plane of the front of house if fronting a public highway.
Expert Loft Conversion Design
We have almost two decades’ experience and have completed thousands of conversions, creating spacious rooms out of previous unused storage spaces around the Midlands including Birmingham, Bridgnorth, Cannock, Derby, Dudley, Lichfield, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, Sutton Coldfield, Solihull, Stafford, Staffordshire, Tamworth, Telford, Walsall, West Bromwich and Wolverhampton. You can trust that you are in good hands.
“But I have a Trussed Roof!” – No problem so long as you have a minimum height of 2.3 metres from the floor to the ridge (Highest point), we can create a loft conversion to suit your individual needs.
Combined with our excellent standards of construction, our expert design service ensures your loft conversion or garage conversion adds real value to your home, not just floor space. Our architectural design service is available individually or as part of our complete managed service, it includes:
- Detailed survey (free of charge)
- Outline plans & location plans
- Existing & proposed elevations
- New room layouts
- Sectional drawings detailing achievable headroom
- Staircase location – design & calculations
- Specification for building to current regulations
- Floor joist / steel structure layout & details
- Sectional details
- Structural calculations
- Building control application
- Planning application (where relevant)
- Liaison with Building Control & Local Authorities
- Communication & briefing of any amendments
- Competitive quote for complete project